Thursday, January 17, 2013

Happy Locaversary To Me!!!

It's been five years, and guess what?

I'm taking down my locs!






You heard me. I'm not cutting them; I'm not shaving my head bald. I'm taking them down. Loc by aggravating loc! I've been doing this for five days now, and I'm nearly halfway done. It takes about 25 minutes per loc.








What I do is dip the loc in warm water, saturate it with conditioner, and pick it apart using a dental pick. I'm sure some of you are screaming or shouting to the heavens, "WHY?!?!?" The truth is...everyone's loc journey is different. And mine has come to an end. It was time; what can I say?



I have a tendency to make changes to my hair around this time. I'm sure it's no coincidence that on my 5-year locaversary, I'm taking them down. Either way, it was fun while it lasted, and I will be sure to post pictures when I'm done.




Thanks for reading...good night!



2 comments:

Kumina said...

I did the same after 5 years. But I buzzed everything but the top, I cut them down and used conditioner and an old fork to take them down. Congratulations on your new journey where ever it may take you!

Unknown said...

Very interesting... I am currently a loc stalker and soon to be sister loc'd sis who has been natural for 3 years now. I understand your desire for change - God knows I've had almost every style under the sun save a short relaxed cut and locs. I've even gone natural several times and then had an overwhelming urge to relax again, no more of that though. That said, enjoy your hair and please do post pics of the current do!